The Polish Association for Persons with Intellectual Disability (PSONI) works for the benefit, and on the behalf of persons with intellectual disabilities living in Poland, their parents, and legal guardians.
Parents whose children have been diagnosed as persons with learning disabilities, wish to give them a new reality, providing new opportunities. This perspective applies to all; toddlers, teenagers and adults. It is not the parent/carers intention to give them an all-round permanent assistance but rather to provide opportunities that would enable them to develop physically, cognitively and socially, so as to allow them to have an active, autonomous, and normal life within the society.
The main aim of Association is to include people with specific needs – people with learning disabilities in real life.
The Association is an established national organization with significant achievements. The main areas of specific expertise are:
- early intervention
- youth education and rehabilitation
- occupational therapy
- supported employment
- supported living
- IT in education and therapy
PSONI consists of over 11,000 members, having about 120 local branches.
Lithuanian welfare society of people with mental disability “Viltis” was founded in November 1989. 53 Associate members bring together over 11 thousand of persons with intellectual disabilities, their parents and/or guardians, specialists and good will people.
To rally Lithuanian children, young people and adults with disabilities, their families, caregivers and other persons acting in their interests.
To seek full integration of people with mental disabilities into society.
To promote ecologic, medical, social prevention of mental disorder, its identification at the earliest stage.
To encourage development of rehabilitation methods of persons with intellectual disability.
To protect social and civil rights, freedoms and dignity of children, young people, adults with mental disability, their families, to meet their social, cultural and other needs.
To create positive conditions for performance of obligations, choice and inclusion into society.
Society Viltis is focusing its activities on achieving the main goal, that is improving the quality of life in persons with intellectual dsiability and their family members.
Protection of rights of persons with disabilities.
Provision of information and consultations.
Self-advocacy programme to train persons with intellectual disability to speak on their own name.
Participation in National social integration programme.
Arranging of courses on professional development.
Participation in international activities and partnership projects.
Arranging of Psychosocial program – summer independent life skills training camps.
- Issue of a quarterly magazine “Viltis”.
Lithuanian welfare soceity of persons with intellectual dsiability Viltis
Lietuvos sutrikusio intelekto zmoniu globos bendrija Viltis
Kareivių str. 2C,
Phone +370 5 2113528
Support-Girona is an organization providing global and individualized support to persons with disabilities, with whom it has a legal link, promoting their social inclusion and Human Rights.
Our mission is to support persons with intellectual disabilities, psychosocial disabilities or elderly persons experiencing some type of disability or due to the ageing process to achieve social inclusion and exercise their rights. Support-Girona is aligned with the principles from the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The organisation works towards offering a personalised and coordinated service, networking with professionals and organisations, to support persons with disabilities exercise their right to make their own decisions. Support-Girona develops supported decision-making mechanisms from a voluntary designation of an individual or appointed directly by a court order.
Support-Girona aims to:
- Be available to support every individual with a disability who needs it, overcoming the traditional model of care and promoting and respecting their autonomy on the basis of the Human Rights model.
- Generate debate around social policy looking for models, alternatives and resources worldwide that increase quality of life of persons with disabilities and their Human Rights.
- Increase professional knowledge and improve professional practice by creating strategic alliances and increasing networking activities.
- Contribute to implement the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, structuring our actions and projects towards tangible outcomes and measurable impacts at a social and environmental level.
In order to achieve our mission, Support-Girona is committed with:
- The Human Rights model and networking and transversal work
- Supported decision-making and person-centred planning
- Proximity action
- Propositive and proactive approaches
- Persistent focus
- Individualised and person-led planning
- Global and flexible intervention
- Gender perspective
- Community-based service development
- Confidentiality and transparency
The Vocational Training Center MARGARITA is a specialized center for vocational training and employment for people with intellectual disabilities living in the Region of Attica. MARGARITA was founded in 1979 by Ioanna Tsokopoulou, mother of Leonidas, a child with Down syndrome. MARGARITA’s mission is to improve the lives of people with mild and medium intellectual disabilities (PwID) by increasing their inclusion in the society through their employment. Our services are based on the anthropocentric social model, where our professionals, the service users and their families cooperate on the design of an individualized plan related to their needs. Our personnel consist of 45 people with multidisciplinary background on the social services, special education & psychology. We train 100 students in vocational and everyday skills and offer social services, supported employment services & psychological support.
MARGARITA as an educational entity focusing on intellectual disabilities has a curriculum that promotes the autonomy of its beneficiaries, their inclusion by investigating and creating ways of accessibility in the society. A large part of the population of the beneficiaries in MARGARITA is adults and a significant proportion of them have been integrated in the employment market as workers.
At this moment we run a pilot project for a model of social entrepreneurship in the field of Catering that we have developed, and we hope soon enough it will be launched in the open market. Also, MARGARITA, runs a shop, called Gallery13m2, in which people with intellectual disabilities are getting trained in real working conditions.
Web site in English: http://eeamargarita.gr/en/
Web site in Greek: http://eeamargarita.gr/
Phone number: +30 210 613 34 81
Association for Activism, Education, Culture and Art Civil Center “AktivUm” is a voluntary, non-profit, non-governmental and non-partisan civic association established with the free association of citizens. Our mission is to promote and strengthen civic society and local communities by enhancing informal direct and indirect education of the population, encouraging civic participation and activism, promoting non-discrimination and empowering vulnerable community members, enhancing inter-ethnic and cultural development, inter-ethnic and cultural relations, as well as economic and cultural and artistic development.
Goals, tasks and activities of the association:
- Promotion and affirmation of all aspects of the cultural life of the local population in order to improve the quality of life and motivate them to participate in socially responsible decision-making;
- Supporting and strengthening of youth activism and volunteering in the local community;
- Promoting and protecting human rights of all marginalized categories of citizens and empowering vulnerable community members, with a particular focus on people with physical and mental disabilities;
- Networking and cooperation within the community itself and with other local communities in order to exchange experiences and good practices in addressing local and universal needs of all categories of citizens within the local community;
Association for Activism, Education, Culture and Art Civil Center “AktivUm” (NGO)
Address: St. Boro Sokolov 13. Republic of North Macedonia
Telephone: +389 75 253 571
Web site: https://aktivum.org.mk/